Aurel and I like to cook tasty dishes during our voyages by campervan and with the Omnia oven we can prepare our favourite recipes, just like at home !
The recipe we make every time? The Banana Cake using the Omnia oven.
It has been tested and approved many times and provides us with delicious breakfasts on road trips (we even feel that this cake tastes even better inside a campervan :)).
OK, we won’t keep you waiting…This is THE recipe straight from the USA, sent by Aurel’s family and written on a typewriter (we have made things easier for you by recopying it !)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 270 g flour
- 115 g butter
- 200g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 large pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 bag of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoonful of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoonful of salt
- 1/2 teaspoonful of mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoonful of nutmeg
- 1 large handful of crushed dried fruit (almonds, hazelnuts, raisins, etc)
- In a salad bowl, mix the “dry” ingredients : flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, spices and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, mix crushed bananas, melted butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and dried fruit to obtain a (nearly) smooth consistency.
- Bring the 2 preparations together and mix well.
- Butter the Omnia oven (if you don’t have a silicone mould).
- Bake at medium heat for 45-55 minutes (check near the end of the baking time).
Our extra tips:
To personalize your recipe, you can
- Replace the sugar by 5 tablespoonfuls of coconut oil and 3 tablespoonfuls of maple syrup.
- Add shredded coconut.
- Sprinkle muesli / oatmeal on the cake for decoration..
- Enjoy with yoghurt, cream cheese.